Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Finally, I have come back...from whereever it was that I was at.

*Warning: The following blog entry contains youtube.com links. If you or someone that you know hasn't been exposed to youtube, then you need to come out from under the rock that you have been dwelling. For youtube is a great way to waste your time. Thank you for your cooperation.

With the past couple of summers being total wipeouts, this summer has promising potential. I think that last year only two movies were actually any good...Transformers and 300. But didn't Spider-man 3 come out last year and aren't you a Spidey fan? Yes and yes. However, I chose not to put Spidey 3 in the good movie catagory because it blew massive chunks. I love your work Sam Raimi and appreciate what you did in the first two movies....but you tragically missed on this one. At least I got my Bruce Campbell cameo. Anyways, like I was saying, this year seems to be promising.

For starters, coming out this Friday are a couple of movies like Forgetting Sarah Marshall. But the one that caught my attention is The Forbidden Kingdom. Yes, I know. It looks like another crazy flying around Chinese film. But I am a sucker for Jackie Chan movies.
Here is a link to the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e66Og0lOCcE

Then shortly after that, Marvel is going to try to score with another one of it's characters. Personally, I am not a fan of this guy but this does look like a really good movie and from what I have seen and read, it actually sticks to the comic book story line. I guess people finally realized that if you stick to the story line, it makes a better film. That and you will please the fans. Unlike some of the past movies, Spidey 3, X-Men 3, Fantastic Four. (And for the people that produced those movies. Come here. A little closer to the screen. I got a secret to tell you. You guys really dropped the ball on those movies. That is all.) I am of course talking about Iron Man, coming to theaters May 2.

Trailer = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgzIM-9lfA

When I heard about this movie and saw the trailer. I almost blew a nerd gasket. I loved these movies ever since I watched them when I was just a nerdling. They are definately the best trilogy in my book. Of course, with this addition it no longer makes a trilogy. I am not going to get to excited though. George Lucas has screwed us before....Episode 1. I am of course talking about Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It looks awesome. I am hoping that it will add to the already greatness of Indiana Jones and not bring it down. Of course, if it does, then I will strike it from memory and act like there never was an Indiana 4. And just a side note: I am completely jealous of Shia LaBeouf. That is the guy that played as Sam Witwicky who also has a role in the new Indiana movie. Which means this, he will have (more than likely) reoccuring roles in both the Transformers universe and Indiana Jones universe if they decide to produce any more. Lucky SOB.

Anyway...here is the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPTJ4v6KPrg

Another Marvel movie is making its way to the theaters this summer. The second installment of our giant green friend, The Incredible Hulk. This time around, it doesn't look too bad. They actually put him up against someone to fight....Abomination. And I love the end of the trailer when the two are getting ready to duke it out. I am expecting to see an entire city block to be decimated.

And heeeeeeerrree's the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia3uPDuojmU

And I have to mention just one more. The first installment was awesome. I didn't think you could get much better than the one with Michael Keaton. But I was wrong. Batman Begins was the best Batman installment that I have seen. And hopefully the sequel will be just as good. I am course talking about The Dark Knight. And from this trailer, it looks like it will be better.

Here's the trailer...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7rw8zvNv3Y&feature=related

Ok

So, that wasn't the trailer...but I had to throw that in there...here's the real one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlLTVZRgCEA&feature=related

There are a couple more coming out that might just be worth seeing. For example, there is Hellboy 2 and Pineapple Express. But I will let you look those up for I am sleepy and must retire. Hope you enjoyed these trailers. See you at the movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home