Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I want to play a game.

I got this idea awhile back while watching America's Got Talent. As I watched this debacle of people selling themselves to the public, my mind began to wonder..as it tends to do from time to time. My brain has a bad habit of associating one thing with another. Case in point: The camera panned over to the judges and one of them happens to be THE HOFF. Now, if you don't know who The Hoff is, then you need to go out, buy a tack hammer, and hit yourself in the head with it as a punishment. If you know who he is, then you can continue without doing the previous step. At any rate, my mind went from Hoff to Kit to a song that Hoff did, "Jump in my Car." If you haven't seen or heard this song, shame on you. Cause if I have to see it, then everyone should have to feel the same pain I went through. Actually, it's somehow strangly entertaining. Anyways, I sat through it and was dumbfounded cause who would actually like this. Then 5 seconds later...ahhhh..the Germans. Germans love the Hoff. Now, this is where my idea comes in.

I got to thinking about other countries and their celebrity fetishes. For example, France and Jerry Lewis. I tried to think what America's would be but couldn't pin point it down.
Anyways, here's the challenge. What other countries can you think of that has a celebrity that they absolutly love? (It can be any famous person: actors, singers, performers, music groups, etc.) And just as an aside, are there any countries that they absolutly hate? Good luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cory said...

Finland's obsession with Conan O'Brien comes to mind.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home